This episode is part of the Overcomer series. We originally recorded these teachings inside our Christian Book Academy Facebook group as live videos. However, we wanted to also encourage you in the writing, publishing and marketing of your books.
Today’s topic is: The Battle Belongs to the Lord
Scripture: 2 Chronicles 20:1-30
Subscribe to the podcast here.
Notes from this episode:
- As Kingdom writers, we are writing warriors. Word warriors.
- We are warriors. We are in a battle but the battle belongs to the Lord.
- See the entire story at 2 Chronicles 20:1-30
- “After this, the armies of the Moabites, Ammonites, and some of the Meunites declared war on Jehoshaphat.” 2 Chronicles 20:1
- “After this,” In the previous chapter, we read all kinds of reforms Jehoshaphat made in order to be obedient to the Lord. He removed Asherah poles, appointed judges, encouraged the people to serve the Lord. In other words, he made changes to honor the Lord.
- When you & I draw a line in the sand, get organized, and take steps to write for the Lord, we should expect major tests and an enemy who declares war on our writing.
- We should expect resistance.
- Jehoshaphat felt the fear when he received the bad news. He felt his feelings but he didn’t get stuck there.
- Sometimes in your greatest storm is where God will work His greatest miracle.
- He brought his fear and the bad news to God in prayer.
- He called everyone to fast.
- We are in a battle and are calling you to fast as we prepare for your writing.
- You can fast one meal, one day or whatever God leads you to do. Maybe you fast from social media or your phone.
- Our enemies cannot win when our mind is fixed on God.
- Another lesson we can learn from the example of Jehoshaphat is to remember how great the Lord is and also to be reminded of past victories and promises (v. 6-9)
- “O our God, won’t you stop them? We are powerless against this mighty army that is about to attack us. We do not know what to do, but we are looking to you for help.” 2 Chronicles 20:12
- We are also powerless on our own against our spiritual enemy and his forces. We will have many moments when we don’t know what to do…but we are looking to our God for help.
- “As all the men of Judah stood before the Lord with their little ones, wives, and children, the Spirit of the Lord came upon one of the men standing there. His name was Jahaziel son of Zechariah, son of Benaiah, son of Jeiel, son of Mattaniah, a Levite who was a descendant of Asaph.” 2 Chronicles 20:13-14
- “the battle is not yours, but God’s” (v.15)
- In Christian Book Academy, we’re a family standing before the Lord. We may all be in different stages on the journey but the Spirit of the Lord could speak through any of us to bring a timely word of encouragement.
- “At the very moment they began to sing and give praise, the Lord caused the armies of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir to start fighting among themselves.” 2 Chronicles 20:22
- Praising & worshipping the Lord through music is one of our most powerful weapons against our enemies.
Free Download: 8 Surprisingly Simple Writing Tips
Get instant access to our new PDF with simple tips to help you write your next book here: http://www.trainingauthors.com/writingtips
Share Your Breakthroughs
Share what impacted you from this post and any breakthroughs God gave you as a result in the comments below.