This episode is part of the Overcomer series. We originally recorded these teachings inside our Christian Book Academy Facebook group as live videos. However, we wanted to also encourage you in the writing, publishing and marketing of your books.
Today’s topic is: Being Real, Authentic and Vulnerable
Scripture: John 20:24-29
Subscribe to the podcast here.
Notes from this episode:
- Thomas wasn’t going to believe unless he saw the wounds of Jesus. “They told him, “We have seen the Lord!” But he replied, “I won’t believe it unless I see the nail wounds in his hands, put my fingers into them, and place my hand into the wound in his side.” – John 20:25 NLT
- There may be some people out there who will not believe unless we show them our wounds.
- When we’re real & authentic, we create a bridge to the hearts of people who struggle with doubt.
- As we’ve said before, this doesn’t mean we need to share every gory detail but we share enough to allow people to see that we’ve struggled or been through something they can identify with.
- Jesus was willing to allow Thomas to touch his wounds. Those wounds ultimately bought Thomas’ freedom.
- Perhaps when others see that we’ve been wounded and yet stand unashamed to reveal those wounds because of the healing power of Jesus, they too might exclaim, like Thomas, “My Lord and my God!” (V.28)
- Some of us have taken the best shot the devil could give us and yet we still stand by the power of Jesus. This speaks volumes to those watching our lives from a distance
Free Download: 8 Surprisingly Simple Writing Tips
Get instant access to our new PDF with simple tips to help you write your next book here: http://www.trainingauthors.com/writingtips
Share Your Breakthroughs
Share what impacted you from this post and any breakthroughs God gave you as a result in the comments below.