This episode is part of the Overcomer series. We originally recorded these teachings inside our Christian Book Academy Facebook group as live videos. However, we wanted to also encourage you in the writing, publishing and marketing of your books.
Today’s topic is: Calm, Cool & Collected in spite of my immediate circumstances
Scripture: 2 Kings 6:8-17
Subscribe to the podcast here.
Notes from this episode:
- What is our first reaction when trouble comes? How do we respond?
- Many times we can relate to Elisha’s servant – “Oh no, my lord! What shall we do?” (Also refer back to verse 5 regarding the ax head falling into the water.)
- Do you find yourself crying, “Oh No!” (Various styles for humor.)
- You can almost sense a bit of panic in each servant’s voice.
- Elisha seems calm, cool & collected. He seems unfazed.
- Compare to Jesus & disciples during a storm that rose up – “Jesus was sleeping at the back of the boat with his head on a cushion. The disciples woke him up, shouting, “Teacher, don’t you care that we’re going to drown?” Mark 4:38
- Jesus was also calm, cool & collected.
- You & I are filled with the same Holy Spirit that aided Elisha & Jesus.
- “Maybe” story: The lesson we can learn: Don’t be so quick to judge events or circumstances as good or bad. Another way of putting it might be, “Don’t write the review of the book until you finish reading it.”
- Do I stay calm, cool & collected when hardships come my way?
Free Download: 8 Surprisingly Simple Writing Tips
Get instant access to our new PDF with simple tips to help you write your next book here: http://www.trainingauthors.com/writingtips
Share Your Breakthroughs
Share what impacted you from this post and any breakthroughs God gave you as a result in the comments below.