This episode is part of the Finisher series. We originally recorded these teachings inside our Christian Book Academy Facebook group as live videos. However, we wanted to also encourage you in the writing, publishing, and marketing of your books.
Today’s topic is: The Harvest is Plentiful but the Workers are Few
– “He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” Luke 10:2 NIV
– “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9 NIV
– Will you give God your yes?
Subscribe to the podcast here.
Notes from this episode:
- “He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask theLord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” – Luke 10:2 NIV
- 80% of people want to write a book but few people actually do it.
- You may feel like there is too much competition. However, God has a specific sphere of influence for each of us. You will reach people we never could.
- God isn’t asking you to reach the entire world. He is simply asking you to be a good steward of what He’s given you. What is in your hand right now?
- Edward Kimball was a Sunday school teacher with a burden to reach a particular young man. So Kimball visited the shoe store where the young man worked. The young man gave his life to Christ that day. His name was DL Moody.
- Estimates vary, but Dwight Moody is thought to have led as many as a million people to confess faith in Christ. Among his many achievements on either side of the Atlantic was the founding of Moody Bible Institute.
- Your book could be the tool God uses to lead someone like Moody to Jesus.
- God may you bring a mighty harvest. “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” – Galatians 6:9 NIV
- Will you give God your yes?
One minute reflection: What is God saying to you today?
Picture: God giving you the keys to a car but it’s still parked in your driveway. You have it. It’s yours.
God has provided for the vehicle of independent publishing.
But there is something keeping you from putting the keys in the ignition and driving it. God has a specific itinerary for you on your publishing journey. It’s different for all of us.
Ask God what is blocking you today and take the step of faith to go for a drive.
Close in prayer
Instrumental music used with permission: “My Loving Kindness” by Tammy Sorenson. Find out more at http://tammysorenson.com
Get Instant Access: Publishing Map
Get instant access to our free PDF, Your Publishing Map, and a video of Shelley Hitz explaining the publishing process here: http://www.trainingauthors.com/publishing-map/
Share Your Breakthroughs
Share what impacted you from this post and any breakthroughs God gave you as a result in the comments below.