This episode is part of the Finisher series. We originally recorded these teachings inside our Christian Book Academy Facebook group as live videos. However, we wanted to also encourage you in the writing, publishing, and marketing of your books.
Today’s topic is: It is Finished
– “Finishing is better than starting. Patience is better than pride.” – Ecclesiastes 7:8 NLT
– “Endings are better than beginnings. Sticking to it is better than standing out.” – Ecclesiastes 7:8 MSG
Subscribe to the podcast here.
Notes from this episode:
Share testimonies from last week
- Dian Underwood said, “Great report.. my husband and I have our own Publishing Company. Not a website yet.. but we have had a successful journey in getting it done. I named it, SHE Publishing. I am over the top happy.”
- Pamella Bowen got the proof of her newest book, Labyrinth Wakening this week.
- Jan Cox has been working on getting her ebook, “Growing Through God’s Word” up on Amazon.
Our topic today is “It is Finished”
- Working from a place of grace and rest knowing God has already accomplished it
- Having expectant faith, excited to see what God is going to do as you partner with Him.
- Setting goals with God. Writing them in pencil and allowing Him to adapt them as needed.
- “Finishing is better than starting. Patience is better than pride.” – Ecclesiastes
- “Endings are better than beginnings. Sticking to it is better than standing out.” – Ecclesiastes
- What is your goal? Then working backward to determine what would need to happen each month and each week to reach that goal.
- Jared Ward quote after Olympic Trials Marathon February 29th – “I was thinking of my kids at the finish line. I want my kids to know that when things get tough, we can still do hard things. We don’t have to pull the plug when things get hard.”
- Jared made the Olympics in 2016 after finishing 3rd at the 2016 Trials. He was 27th this year after being picked as a favorite. He could have dropped out of the race like several others but chose to gut out the finish
- There is wisdom in knowing when to push through to the finish and when to rest. Ask God for wisdom today.
- Go at the pace of God’s Grace. For some of you, that means learning to push through even when it gets hard. For others, it means learning to rest.
One minute reflection: What is God saying to you today?
Picture: Swinging and Father God is with you and pushing you. I feel like some of you have been working a lot and may benefit from some time to play or do something that brings you joy.
Robin posted this quote in our group this week, “You often feel tired, not because you’ve done too much, but because you’ve done too little of what sparks a light in you.” Alexander Den Heijer
If you need some ideas to make sure to check out my post about creating a joy list. In it I share mine and it can spark ideas. http://www.trainingauthors.com/joy-list-for-writers/
Close in prayer
Instrumental music used with permission: “My Loving Kindness” by Tammy Sorenson. Find out more at http://tammysorenson.com
Get Instant Access: Publishing Map
Get instant access to our free PDF, Your Publishing Map, and a video of Shelley Hitz explaining the publishing process here: http://www.trainingauthors.com/publishing-map/
Share Your Breakthroughs
Share what impacted you from this post and any breakthroughs God gave you as a result in the comments below.