This episode is part of the Overcomer series. We originally recorded these teachings inside our Christian Book Academy Facebook group as live videos. However, we wanted to also encourage you in the writing, publishing and marketing of your books.
Today’s topic is: Mini Habits and Habit Stacking
Scripture: “Then Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, spoke up. ‘There’s a young boy here with five barley loaves and two fish. But what good is that with this huge crowd?’” – John 6:8-9 NLT
Subscribe to the podcast here.
Notes from this episode:
- How did the consuming versus creating challenge go for you?
- “You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” – John Maxwell
- Mini habits are so small it’s impossible to fail. For example: write a paragraph or 50 words. Read 2 pages of a book. Do one push up.
- Mini habit ideas: https://minihabits.com/mini-habit-ideas/
- Doing something small is better than doing nothing at all.
- Small routine in the shower. I do 15 reps of squeezing toes on each foot in order to strengthen plantar fascia on the bottom of the foot. It doesn’t seem like much but it adds up over the course of 365 or more showers.
- Also, have a nightly stretching & strength routine that takes 10 minutes. Small stuff that adds up over time. I call it my “injury shield.”
- Spending time daily in God’s Word seems small at the moment but adds up over time. The results are slowly revealed over time through our character, responses to others or circumstances, love, joy, peace in our hearts, etc.
- “Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.” – R. Collier
- “To change habits you need to stop fighting against your brain.” – Stephen Guise, author of Mini Habits
- Habit stacking – group several mini habits together. Examples: Look over the outline. Do 5 minutes of research. Write a paragraph.
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge.” – Dr. Martin LutherKing Jr.
- Then Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, spoke up. “There’s a young boy here with five barley loaves and two fish. But what good is that with this huge crowd?” – John 6:8-9 NLT
- A young boy in a crowd of perhaps 15,000 people. It seems insignificant with his meager 5 loaves of bread & 2 fish.
- These small things added up to big results in the hands of Jesus.
- When Jesus is added to our equation, anything can happen.
Mini habit ideas: https://minihabits.com/mini-habit-ideas/
Mini Habits: Smaller Habits, Bigger Results by Stephen Guise https://amzn.to/2oTngGq
Habit Stacking: 127 Small Changes to Improve Your Health, Wealth, and Happiness by S.J Scott https://amzn.to/32n28WR
Free Download: 8 Surprisingly Simple Writing Tips
Get instant access to our new PDF with simple tips to help you write your next book here: http://www.trainingauthors.com/writingtips
Share Your Breakthroughs
Share what impacted you from this post and any breakthroughs God gave you as a result in the comments below.