This episode is part of the Overcomer series. We originally recorded these teachings inside our Christian Book Academy Facebook group as live videos. However, we wanted to also encourage you in the writing, publishing and marketing of your books.
Today’s topic is: More Than an Overcomer
“No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.” – Romans 8:37 NLT
“This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord, your God is with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9 NLT
“Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire.” – St. Catherine of Siena
“If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write.” – Martin Luther
Subscribe to the podcast here.
Notes from this episode:
- “No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.” – Romans 8:37 NLT
- John Maxwell would grit his teeth & force himself to write but didn’t really want to do it. He was more excited about speaking due to the anticipation of getting a positive response.
- He found a picture of an audience he had spoken to and printed the following quote from his writing mentor: “I write books to extend my influence to people beyond my personal touch.”
- He placed these things before him when he wrote in order to build positive anticipation of his work’s results.
- When immediate gratification isn’t an option, we need to keep our goal of impacting lives in front of us as we write.
- “Dear Optimist, Pessimist, and Realist – While you guys were busy arguing about the glass of water, I drank it! Sincerely, The Opportunist” – Lori Greiner
- “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.” – Mother Teresa
- “Great works are not accomplished by strength, but by perseverance.” – English writer Samuel Johnson
- In the movie “We Bought a Zoo” Matt Damon plays the role of a British writer who rescues a failing zoo. He has a line… “Sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage.”
- This is true! How long did it take David to drop his armor and start running toward Goliath? How long did it take Peter to step out of the boat and walk toward Jesus? How long did it take the woman with a bleeding issue to reach out and touch the robe of Jesus?
- It doesn’t take long for our lives to change. One moment, one decision and suddenly our lives are moving in a different direction. God-sized goals require insane courage.
- “This is my command — be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord, your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9 NLT
- “Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire.”- St. Catherine of Siena
- “If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write.” – Martin Luther
Free Download: 8 Surprisingly Simple Writing Tips
Get instant access to our new PDF with simple tips to help you write your next book here: http://www.trainingauthors.com/writingtips
Share Your Breakthroughs
Share what impacted you from this post and any breakthroughs God gave you as a result in the comments below.