This episode is part of the Finisher series. We originally recorded these teachings inside our Christian Book Academy Facebook group as live videos. However, we wanted to also encourage you in the writing, publishing, and marketing of your books.
Today’s topic is: Publishing a Book is a Privilege, not a Pressure
– Esther 4:14 NLT
– 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 NLT
Join us the next two days for our 24-hour prayer vigil here: https://www.facebook.com/events/2518168251755872/
Subscribe to the podcast here.
Notes from this episode:
A few testimonies from Christian Book Academy members this past week:
- A BIG congratulations to Sherry Carnahan whose children’s book ‘Molly Gets Her Wheels’ has WON the prestigious IBPA Benjamin Franklin Award Silver award™ for Best New Voice: Children’s/Young Adult and is one of three finalists for their GOLD Benjamin Franklin Award™ in the same category to be announced online in May. We’re so proud of you Sherry! https://amzn.to/3dqZNkq
- Congratulations to Robin Ayscue for publishing her book, “Songs of the Sunrise” on Amazon this week. WooHoo! https://amzn.to/2UD96Fc
Our topic today is “Publishing a Book is a Privilege, not a Pressure”
- Do you feel pressure right now to finish your book?
- What if you see it as a privilege instead?
- Pressure be gone in Jesus’ name.
- Replace it with gratitude.
- For example:
- Thank You, God, for the privilege of being able to do what I do.
- Thank You for the privilege of being able to use my voice for Your Kingdom at this time, for such a time as this, in my sphere of influence, for whoever You want to reach.
- Thank You for this privilege of being able to share my voice, of being able to write what You have given me to write, to share my testimony, to share what You’ve done, to share what I’ve learned, to help other people.
- “If you keep quiet at a time like this, deliverance and relief for the Jews will arise from some other place, but you and your relatives will die. Who knows if perhaps you were made queen for just such a time as this?” – Esther
- God has called us to be Kingdom Writers for such a time as this. Just like Esther was placed in the palace for a specific assignment. You and I have been given a specific assignment.
- God is more than able to call others to take our place should we choose to turn down the mission He calls us to. It’s an incredible privilege to be priestly pens in the hands of God during these uncertain days we’re living in. There’s no pressure when we’re guaranteed victory 😃
- Matt Carpenter example of feeling pressure to win on Pikes Peak.
- “For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.” – 2 Corinthians
One minute reflection: What is God saying to you today?
Picture: Being released from prison (ie Corrie ten Boom). She didn’t see it as a pressure to share Jesus with others and travel around the world but a privilege. She said her life would never be the same. The same is true for us a Christ-followers. We’ve been released from a prison of sin to freedom in Christ.
Make sure to join us tomorrow and Friday for our 24-hour prayer vigil.
Close in prayer
Instrumental music used with permission: “My Loving Kindness” by Tammy Sorenson. Find out more at http://tammysorenson.com
Get Instant Access: Publishing Map
Get instant access to our free PDF, Your Publishing Map, and a video of Shelley Hitz explaining the publishing process here: http://www.trainingauthors.com/publishing-map/
Share Your Breakthroughs
Share what impacted you from this post and any breakthroughs God gave you as a result in the comments below.