This episode is part of the Finisher series. We originally recorded these teachings inside our Christian Book Academy Facebook group as live videos and today’s episode during our Writing Week Challenge. However, we wanted to also encourage you in the writing, publishing, and marketing of your books.
Today’s topic is: Stand Strong as a Courageous Writer
We want to encourage you to be a courageous writer….even when you don’t feel like it.
Subscribe to the podcast here.
Notes from this episode:
- Lisa Taylor: Thank you for the tools and techniques. By far, the Pomodoro Technique is the one for me. Wow. You made a believer out of me. I tried it and wrote an entire chapter (850 words) in four 25-minute sessions. I will continue to use it for writing and other focus-intensive tasks. During writing week, I completed my first children’s book (ages 8 to 12) and sent it to a beta reader. This involved writing three chapters, reviewing the book, and some editing here and there. I am SO happy with my progress! This weekend I began researching for the sequel to this first book. I plan to begin writing it tomorrow. God bless you guys! I look forward to staying focused and productive as a result of this week.
- Joyce Xilef: Thank you so much, Shelley Hitz and CJ Hitz, for all the tips, help, encouragement, support, and prayers during the 7-day writing week. I have finished revising 5 chapters of my book, “Stay Calm and Embrace Grace: Discover the 7 Key Benefits of Walking in God’s Unmerited Favor” and I am almost done, Yay!!!😊 So blessed to be a part of this amazing group of writers. Once again…I am grateful!!!
- Yakyak Lue: I am so happy I joined you for these 7 days. It has been challenging yet fun too! Amazing as I took my very first steps to write a book. I had the idea in my mind for years but the timing wasn’t right. I must say I am surprised at what I have accomplished 5 days writing. Many heartfelt thanks to you Shelley and CJ for all the videotapes teachings and your team for responding to my emails promptly. And last but not least all you members who wrote in daily on your journey. Helped me through mine. God bless you all abundantly.
Our theme for today is all about “Standing Strong as a Courageous Writer
- Today we want to encourage you to be a courageous writer….even when you don’t feel like it.
- Fear is what we feel, brave is what we do. Amen?
- Are you sharing your work with others?
- Put yourself out there. Step into the light from the shadows.
- It’s time to release your words to the world. Let them fly.
- We can get stuck in paralyzing fear. I still get nervous when releasing a new book to the world – filled with doubt and second-guessing
- CJ shares thoughts on Psalm 31
- It takes courage to share what you create with the world. When you put your heart and soul into something putting out there to possibly be criticized is tough.
- I found that once I started thinking of myself as a writer, my courage grew, and the way others responded to me changed. It’s amazing how a subtle shift in attitude can make all the difference.
- It is by taking those next steps and moving forward that great things happen.
- The world needs your words.
- It’s time to press publish!!
Christian Book Academy’s Virtual Writing Retreat
This is not the end, it’s just the beginning for you and your writing! Join us in Christian Book Academy today and you’ll get a free ticket to our Virtual Writing Retreat this Friday and Saturday, a $199 value included in your membership. Yay!
Inside Christian Book Academy, we work with Christian writers of all genres, like you, to help you conquer your fears in a real community, write words that will outlive you, and publish books that fulfill your calling.
Join us here: www.christianbookacademy.com
One minute reflection: What is God saying to you today?
Picture: The picture I got earlier this week is a box. Opening the box and birds flying out. I believe it also represents releasing your words to the world. Don’t hold them back. Let them go. It’s amazing what God will do when you take the courageous step of faith to press publish. Whether it is a social media post, an email, a text, a blog post, or my favorite… a BOOK!!!
Close in prayer
Instrumental music used with permission: “My Loving Kindness” by Tammy Sorenson. Find out more at http://tammysorenson.com
Get Instant Access: Publishing Map
Get instant access to our free PDF, Your Publishing Map, and a video of Shelley Hitz explaining the publishing process here: http://www.trainingauthors.com/publishing-map/
Share Your Breakthroughs
Share what impacted you from this post and any breakthroughs God gave you as a result in the comments below.