This episode is part of the Finisher series. We originally recorded these teachings inside our Christian Book Academy Facebook group as live videos. However, we wanted to also encourage you in the writing, publishing, and marketing of your books.
Today’s topic is: Teamwork Makes the Dream Work
– Exodus 18:13-27
– Acts 6:1-7
Subscribe to the podcast here.
Notes from this episode:
Before we get started I want to share a few breakthroughs from our Christian Book Academy members.
Pam Bowen shared that “On Friday, March 13, Green and Purple Publishing will celebrate TWO YEARS in business! At that time we will have published twelve books! Thanks to all of you who have supported our efforts for the last two years! I couldn’t have done it without Shelley Hitz and Christian Book Academy.” We are cheering you on Pam!!
Congratulations to Debra Butterfield who finished her first fiction book and says, “I sent my book out to a few beta readers. So I’m letting my story ruminate until I hear back from them.”
Congratulations to Karyn Almendarez who is republishing and relaunching her book, Tragedy’s Treasures, a Mom’s Journey Through Grief with a new cover, rewritten, and a new title. Now she is in the process of building her launch team. WooHoo! We are excited for you, Karyn.
Today’s topic: Teamwork Makes the Dream Work
- You don’t have to do everything yourself
- “If you want to do a few small things right, do them yourself. If you want to do great things and make a big impact, learn to delegate.” – John C. Maxwell
- Jesus had 12 He surrounded Himself with. He chose these disciples right after spending 40 days in prayer & fasting.
- Moses began to delegate after receiving advice from his father-in-law Jethro (Exodus 18:13-27).
- The apostles realized they needed help in Acts 6:1-7. This freed them up to devote themselves to prayer and the Word.
- Paul was constantly mentioning specific people by name in his letters who had been of help and support
- I’ve seen a lot of people get stuck in the process of publishing their books. Because they think they have to learn everything and do everything themselves.
- Hire a team to help you.
- We teach you how to hire the right people for your book project within your budget for the editing, book cover design, and formatting. This allows you to focus on what you do best – writing your book!
- You might also find someone who is willing to be your assistant and manage the process of publishing your book for you. They can go through the lessons in Christian Book Academy and learn the process.
- For example, Craig having an assistant. We will allow assistant access to Christian Book Academy, just contact us.
One minute reflection: What is God saying to you today?
Picture: Stepping in the footprints of those who have gone before you. Following the path that has been cleared by others previously.
Have you ever been in a remote area where there are no roads? I have experienced this in a few countries – Africa and Belize. We would often take a path that someone else created previously. In Belize, they often used a machete to create a path.
This is what we provide for you inside the Christian Book Academy. We don’t teach you to go the exact path we have gone. But share with you different options and allow God to lead you.
We have put together lists of people you can hire for editing, book cover design, and formatting. And we provide extensive training with multiple options if you do want to format your book yourself.
You are not creating a brand new path through the bush alone. We are in this with you and our mentor team is here to help.
Collectively, our mentor team has over 130 years of publishing experience. That’s over a century of experience literally at your fingertips. You can finally stop wandering around in your writing wilderness and discover the well-worn path that leads to the summit — publishing your book.
It’s a feeling of confidence and safety knowing you are on the right path and following a proven trail that others have taken before you.
Close in prayer
Instrumental music used with permission: “My Loving Kindness” by Tammy Sorenson. Find out more at http://tammysorenson.com
Get Instant Access: Publishing Map
Get instant access to our free PDF, Your Publishing Map, and a video of Shelley Hitz explaining the publishing process here: http://www.trainingauthors.com/publishing-map/
Share Your Breakthroughs
Share what impacted you from this post and any breakthroughs God gave you as a result in the comments below.