This episode is part of the Overcomer series. We originally recorded these teachings inside our Christian Book Academy Facebook group as live videos. However, we wanted to also encourage you in the writing, publishing and marketing of your books.
Today’s topic is: The Compound Effect
“So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.” – Galatians 6:9 NLT
“Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed.”- Proverbs 16:3 NLT
Subscribe to the podcast here.
Notes from this episode:
One of the hardest things in life is to continue doing something despite not seeing the results right away.
- Praying for something or someone and not seeing an answer for years.
- One thing I’ve learned about running and increasing fitness and endurance is that it doesn’t happen overnight. Day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, layer upon layer.
- Long periods of consistent, injury-free running will do more than any fancy workouts. In other words, “get fit quick” schemes don’t work over the long haul.
- “CJ, there are no miracles in running.”- my 72-year-old friend George Isom
As writers, we must realize there are no shortcuts. It takes consistent hard work over the long haul. Doing little things day after day will lead to big results in due time.
“We cannot all do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” ~ Mother Teresa
It is the small, consistent habits over time that can change your life. Whether you want to improve your health, start a business or write a book, it takes intentionality with your habits.
Frank Outlaw expressed the power of our thoughts this way…
- Watch your thoughts – they become words
- Watch your words – they become actions
- Watch your actions – they become habits
- Watch your habits – they become character
- Watch your character – for it becomes your destiny
You can’t change habits on willpower alone. You need why power.
What is your why? Why do you write? Keep coming back to it over and over for the motivation to persevere through the bad days.
Free Download: 8 Surprisingly Simple Writing Tips
Get instant access to our new PDF with simple tips to help you write your next book here: http://www.trainingauthors.com/writingtips
Share Your Breakthroughs
Share what impacted you from this post and any breakthroughs God gave you as a result in the comments below.