This episode is part of the Finisher series. We originally recorded these teachings inside our Christian Book Academy Facebook group as live videos. However, we wanted to also encourage you in the writing, publishing, and marketing of your books.
Today’s topic is: The Journey of Publishing
“And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.” – Philippians 1:6 NLT
Genesis 2:15-17 “The Lord God placed the man in the Garden of Eden to tend and watch over it. But the Lord God warned him, “You may freely eat the fruit of every tree in the garden— except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you eat its fruit, you are sure to die.”
“God is greater than our feelings, and he knows everything.” I John 3:20b NLT
“Your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask him!” Matthew 6:8 NLT
“We can trust an unknown future to a God who knows everything.” – Shelley Hitz
Subscribe to the podcast here.
Notes from this episode:
- Twists and turns, ups and downs, road closures and detours
- Publishing Map overview. Download your copy here: www.trainingauthors.com/publishing-map
- A few testimonials from CBA members:
Kim Steadman said, “Kudos to Rebecca Livermore and her class about creating low content books using PowerPoint! I knew some of the things, but she taught me a few new ones as well! Like any student, I applied what I learned. I had a bunch of journals prompts sitting in a draft file. I pulled them out. Played with the new tips I learned and in another hour I will have a draft journal ready for publication. I had been stalling on this project because I just didn’t have an already purchased template that I wanted to use. Her class combined with the class I’ll be creating for CBA (helping figure out how to brainstorm ideas for your Low Content/No Content Book). And there will be NO reason why every author here doesn’t have at least one No/Low Content book as part of your book marketing strategy! Woohoo!”
Sharilee Swaity published her second book this week, “16 Gifts From A Stepmom”. She said, “It was in that writing retreat two years ago that I saw the vision of the 16 Gifts and came up with the outline. The LORD used that retreat.” Support her and get a copy here: https://amzn.to/2Sk5Zku
- Imagine going on a long road trip and you have to do a significant amount of night driving. With your headlights, you’re able to see only the road ahead perhaps a hundred feet. Still, you eventually reach your destination even though you couldn’t see everything happening along the way. You made it by seeing a hundred feet at a time, mile after mile. We sometimes wonder if we’re making any real progress, especially when it feels so dark along the journey.
- It’s also good to remember that God is taking each of us through a process. All of us would love to hit “publish” ASAP… Like the kid who keeps asking his parents “are we there yet?!” every 5 minutes on the road trip.
- “And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.” – Philippians 1:6 NLT
- Genesis 2:15 – 17 “The Lord God placed the man in the Garden of Eden to tend and watch over it. But the Lord God warned him, “You may freely eat the fruit of every tree in the garden — except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you eat its fruit, you are sure to die.”
- We often worship the need to know. We idolize knowledge.
- God is omniscient. He knows everything.
- “God is greater than our feelings, and he knows everything.” I John 3:20b NLT
- “Your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask him!” Matthew 6:8 NLT
- We can trust an unknown future to a God who knows everything.
- As I was skiing at crested Butte this past weekend, I passed a blind skier who was being led down the trail by holding onto a rope with someone on each side of her. God showed me that it’s a picture of trusting Him when I feel blind. When I can’t see you. With all the unknown.
- Even when you feel blind and can’t see the path ahead of you, God is with you at your side leading and guiding you. You are safe.
One minute reflection: What is God saying to you today?
Close in prayer
Picture – Building brick by brick. Some of you can only see the one brick in your hands today and are wondering is it worth it? It is worth it. Ask God to give you a vision for the finished work.
Instrumental music used with permission: “My Loving Kindness” by Tammy Sorenson. Find out more at http://tammysorenson.com
Get Instant Access: Publishing Map
Get instant access to our free PDF, Your Publishing Map, and a video of Shelley Hitz explaining the publishing process here: http://www.trainingauthors.com/publishing-map/
Share Your Breakthroughs
Share what impacted you from this post and any breakthroughs God gave you as a result in the comments below.