This episode is part of the Kingdom Marketing Mindset Series. We originally recorded these teachings inside our Christian Book Academy Facebook group as live videos. However, we wanted to also encourage you in the writing, publishing, and marketing of your books.
Today’s topic is: What is in Your Hand?
We all have something in our hands. When we release it, God releases His blessings.
Subscribe to the podcast here.
Notes from this episode:
Then the Lord asked him, “What is that in your hand?” “A shepherd’s staff,” Moses replied. – Exodus
- This question from the Lord came after several excuses and protests from Moses.
- The staff is basically a stick. But it becomes something mighty when God anoints it for His use.
- Samson & his donkey jawbone that slew a thousand men. David and his sling and stones defeating Goliath. The boy with 5 loaves & 2 fish. Woman with an alabaster jar of oil to anoint Jesus.
- We all have something in our hands. When we release it, God releases His blessing
This is a concept of stewardship and doing the things God has shown you to do no matter how small.
Parable of the Talents
“To those who use well what they are given, even more, will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away.”
- Needing thousands of dollars for our down payment. God reminded me that we still had some copies of my Brush Strokes workbook in stock. I put together bundles and promoted them to my email list. This particular book has a decent profit margin and as a result, I made about $1000.
- One of my Book Marketing Momentum clients heard me share this story and realized she also had some books in stock. She decided to offer a small number of bundles and sold all 14 in just a few days.
- What do you already have set in place? What relationships do you have? What have you already written and/or created?
- Eugene Peterson doing the Galatians study with some of his congregation. He led to his editor requesting he take on paraphrasing the whole bible. We now know it as The Message
One minute reflection
Instrumental music used with permission: “My Loving Kindness” by Tammy Sorenson. Find out more at http://tammysorenson.com
Get Instant Access: Business Meeting with God
Get instant access to FREE video training and PDF download where you will learn the steps we recommend when having a weekly business meeting with God here: http://www.trainingauthors.com/businessmeeting/
Share Your Breakthroughs
Share what impacted you from this post and any breakthroughs God gave you as a result in the comments below.