In this post I share over 100 places to promote Christian books in response to this question I received:
Hi Shelley, thank you so much in advance for your advice. I just published a new devotional/motivation book for Christian entrepreneurs. I was wondering if you had any recommendations as the best place to market my book. I had good success with gospelebooks.net.
Do you know of any other similar sites? Thank you again for your help.
The majority of my books are Christian nonfiction books and so I have done a lot of research on this topic. Here are a few resources to consider.
Where to Get Started
These are resources I have personally researched and compiled for our own book marketing efforts over the years and now want to share these resources with you.
Do NOT feel like you have to list your book in each and every place we list within this post, but choose a few to start with and then add your book to other places as you have time. Trying to take advantage of each and every opportunity at once will only serve to overwhelm you, so I highly recommend pacing yourself and choosing the ones that you think will work best for you and your book.
5 Websites to Promote Christian Books:
If you have a Christian book that is on a free promotion or is permafree, consider submitting your promotion to these sites.
- GospelBooks.net – Submit your book here: http://gospelebooks.net/submit/
- Spirit Filled Kindle – has advertising opportunities on Fiverr (https://www.fiverr.com/hosannahighest) or sign up for their author promotion list. Also you can add @P_Creeden #RT to your tweet, and they will retweet you to their twitter followers once/week!
- Faithful Reads – http://faithfulreads.com/authors/
- CrossReads – Post on CrossReads forums on the thread for the date your book is free (requires free registration) http://crossreads.com/community/forumdisplay.php?10-FREE-Books
NOTE: Find more sites to submit free books here: https://www.trainingauthors.com/47-places-to-submit-your-free-kdp-promotion-for-your-kindle-ebook/
9 Other Websites to Promote Christian Books:
- GospelBooks.net – Submit your book here: http://gospelebooks.net/submit/ and find out about other advertising opportunities here: http://gospelebooks.net/advertise/
- Beacon Ads: http://beaconads.com (many popular Christian websites offer advertising here)
- CrossReads: An online community where Christian readers and authors meet. They offer paid advertising opportunities here: http://crossreads.com/advertising-options/
- New Christian Books: An online Christian magazine. If you are an author or author’s representative and would like to submit a news item or excerpt, please register from the link at the bottom of their website. Registration is free: http://www.newchristianbooksonlinemagazine.com/submissions
- Good eBooks: This website offers free advertising for eBooks priced between $0.99 and $9.99. They have four categories: “More eBooks,” “Kidz World,” “World of Poetry,” and “Biblical Gold.” http://www.goodebooks.net/authfree.html
- GNF: http://graceandfaith4u.com/advertising-on-gnf/
- eBook Christian: http://www.ebookchristian.com/welcome.html
- Gospel Reads: Paid advertising options https://gospelreads.com/submit-a-list/
- Christian Book Academy: This is my membership for Christian authors and we have a 99 Cent Book Launch workshop that will help you promote your 99 cent Kindle eBook. Get access here: https://christianbookacademy.com/
You can also find a spreadsheet of over 100 places to advertise your book here.
44 Blog Hosts for Christian Authors
On my website, Body and Soul Publishing (my independent publishing company), I have compiled a list of blog hosts for Christian authors. Simply contact them individually to request a guest blog post.
You can access the entire list here: http://www.bodyandsoulpublishing.com/blog-tour-hosts-for-christian-authors
1 Christian Press Release Site
Christian Newswire: Have your press release sent to Christian media sources and you can also submit it to the media sources in your state for an additional fee here: http://www.christiannewswire.com
My success story:
I used this site for one of my books and was interviewed on CBN (The Christian Broadcasting Network), a national television program, as a result. However, realize that your topic should be unique and something they are interested in sharing with their audience.
2 Christian Book Award Sites
- Christian Book Award: http://christianbookaward.com
- Christian Fiction Grace Awards: http://graceawardsdotorg.wordpress.com/
21 Christian Media Sources to Promote Christian Books
5 Christian TV Sources:
- Friends and Neighbors TV Show http://www.watc.tv/, Greg West, WATC/Atlanta
- CTN Online http://www.ctnonline.com
- The Good Life Show http://www.tv45.org
- Full Circle http://www2.crossroads.ca/fullcircle
- 100 Huntley St. http://www.100huntley.com
4 Christian Radio:
- K-LOVE: http://www.klove.com You can also submit a news tip via email: [email protected]
- Campus Crusade for Christ: http://www.lighthousereport.com
- KBB Network: http://kbbnetwork.biz
- The Artist First Radio Network: http://www.artistfirst.com and http://www.artistfirst.com/authorswanted.htm
8 Online Radio Shows:
- Everyday Wisdom for Families: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/everydaywisdomforfamilies
- Marnie’s Friends: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/marniesfriends
- Motherhood Talk Radio: http://motherhoodtalkradio.wordpress.com
- Living Joyfully Free: http://www.livingjoyfullyfree.com/about-living-joyfully-free/contact-us
- CWA Radio: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cwa-radio and http://cwaradio.com/be-guest-on-cwa-radio-show/
- The Christian Author Show: http://www.wnbnetworkwest.com/WnbAuthorsShowChristian.html
- Diva Talk Radio: http://divatalkradio.com/be-our-guest
- HayHouse Radio http://www.hayhouseradio.com/index.php
4 Online Christian News:
- News for Christians: http://www.newsforchristians.com, You can e-mail the editor: [email protected]
- The Christian Post: http://www.christianpost.com/aboutus/contactus.html
- The Underground: http://theundergroundsite.com/contact-us
- Christian Women’s Voice: www.christianwomensvoice.org
40+ Christian Podcasts That Host Guests
I had my Virtual Assistant (VA) research Christian podcasts that host guests. I share my list with my members inside Christian Book Academy. You can join us here.
20 Facebook Groups to Promote Christian Books
Please make sure to read all the group guidelines. The most effective way to use Facebook groups is to find 2-3 active groups in your niche and interact to add value on a regular basis. If you are posting the same thing in all groups it won’t be as effective.
8 Christian Reader Groups
- CrossReads: https://www.facebook.com/groups/crossreads
- GNF Reader’s Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/203785339749853/
- Christian Fiction Devourers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/200067670053172/
- Christian Fiction Gathering: https://www.facebook.com/groups/christianfictiongathering/
- Free eBooks for Christian Readers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FreeEbookAlerts/
- The Book Club Network: https://www.facebook.com/groups/146903260542
- Christian Book Club: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheChristianBookClub
- Avid Readers of Christian Fiction: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AvidChristFicReaders/
13 Christian Author/Blogger Groups:
- CrossReads Authors: https://www.facebook.com/groups/crossreadsauthors/
- Grace & Faith: https://www.facebook.com/groups/gracenfaith
- Christian Indie Authors: https://www.facebook.com/groups/117510274996874/
- Christian Book Pickers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/192912540785867/
- Christian Blogger Network: https://www.facebook.com/groups/13679025366
- Christian Networking: https://www.facebook.com/groups/358409300452/
- Christian Writer’s Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/213899418675758/
- Writing for the Spirit Christian Writer’s: https://www.facebook.com/groups/278867392226715/
- Christian Authors: https://www.facebook.com/groups/134165873392010/
- Christian Author Book Marketing Strategies: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Christianauthorsbookmarketing/
- Kickstart: https://www.facebook.com/groups/108812789266431/
- Christian Women Online: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WeAreChristianWomenOnline/
- Christian Women Bloggers Network: https://www.facebook.com/groups/21301279021/
Book Marketing Templates to Save You Time and Money
You’ve got a book you’re proud of. Now you’re looking for a simpler way to get it into the hands of more readers. One way you can do that is through social media. It’s free to use…however, it can also take up a lot of your time.
You can get your social media posts for the next month done in just 90 minutes so that you can reach more readers with your book (without being pushy or salesy) in the Mini-Marketing Messages workshop here: https://minimarketingmessages.com
Share More Resources to Promote Christian Books Below
Let’s work together! Share any resources you’ve found to be helpful in the comments below. I’d also love to know which sites you’ve found to be most effective for you.