This episode is part of the Overcomer series. We originally recorded these teachings inside our Christian Book Academy Facebook group as live videos. However, we wanted to also encourage you in the writing, publishing and marketing of your books.
Today’s topic is: Consuming vs. Creating Challenge
“If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them.” – John 13:17 NASB
“So now put into practice what I have done for you, and you will experience a life of happiness enriched with untold blessings!” - John 13:17 TPT
Subscribe to the podcast here.
Notes from this episode:
- You can let life happen to you or you can choose to be intentional with your time.
- There will ALWAYS be distractions that can keep you from writing. But you can change how you respond to distractions.
- Inthe book Compound Effect, Darren Hardy says that the single most effective technique he has used to bring change in his life and what he’s seen work for others is tracking.
- He challenges us to decide what we want to change and start tracking it for 7daysand then 21 days.
- I decided to track how much I consume vs. how much I create. And it’s been so helpful!
- “If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them.” – John 13:17 NASB
- “So now put into practice what I have done for you, and you will experience a life of happiness enriched with untold blessings!”- John 13:17 TPT
- Losing weight requires a change in diet & exercise. But the weight won’t come off just by knowing what to do. We have to put that knowledge into practice before any weight loss occurs.
- March Madness – I love watching the NCAA basketball tournament each year, otherwise known as “March Madness.” When I was younger and really into basketball, I would get to the point where I got tired of just watching others play the game. I had to go out and practice my own game. Putting some of the things I saw on TV to the test by working on my skills. It’s fun to watch, but even more, fun to play the game.
- Story by David Platt about his missionary friend in the Himalayas. Whathisfriend Aaron saw on a hiking trip there and then prompted him to move his family.
- “Impression without Expression = Depression”
Free Download: 8 Surprisingly Simple Writing Tips
Get instant access to our new PDF with simple tips to help you write your next book here: http://www.trainingauthors.com/writingtips
Share Your Breakthroughs
Share what impacted you from this post and any breakthroughs God gave you as a result in the comments below.