This episode is part of the Overcomer series. We originally recorded these teachings inside our Christian Book Academy Facebook group as live videos. However, we wanted to also encourage you in the writing, publishing and marketing of your books.
Today’s topic is: Finding your Aaron & Hur Prayer Partners
Scripture: “Moses commanded Joshua, “Choose some men to go out and fight the army of Amalek for us. Tomorrow, I will stand at the top of the hill, holding the staff of God in my hand.” So Joshua did what Moses had commanded and fought the army of Amalek. Meanwhile, Moses, Aaron, and Hur climbed to the top of a nearby hill. As long as Moses held up the staff in his hand, the Israelites had the advantage. But whenever he dropped his hand, the Amalekites gained the advantage. Moses’ arms soon became so tired he could no longer hold them up. So Aaron and Hur found a stone for him to sit on. Then they stood on each side of Moses, holding up his hands. So his hands held steady until sunset. As a result, Joshua overwhelmed the army of Amalek in battle.” – Exodus 17:9-13
Subscribe to the podcast here.
Notes from this episode:
- We simply can’t overemphasize the importance of having people in your circle who will faithfully lift you up in prayer.
- The moment you set about to write a book, you were essentially waging warfare on the kingdom of darkness.
- This is the resistance you & I face daily
- Satan will do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to keep us from praying. Satan trembles when he sees the weakest person upon his or her knees.
- “Men have gone to every conceivable end to find gold, diamonds, uranium. The world’s most precious resource, however, is prayer.” – Jack McAlister, founder of Every Home for Christ
- “Prayer is powerful, but it is not the power of a sledgehammer that crushes with one blow. It is like the power of the sun’s rays or raindrops which bless the world BECAUSE THERE ARE MILLIONS OF THEM.” – Jack McAlister
- “The real victory in all service is won beforehand by prayer. Service is gathering up the results.” – S.D. Gordon
- “Prayer is proof that we’re relying on God.” – CJ, while in Belize in 2002
- My experience in Belize after fasting & praying for 3 days. Invitation to share a talk in a local school that one of our missionary friends set up. This would then help open the door to share this talk in schools all across Belize.
- We all need an Aaron & Hur in our lives
Free Download: 8 Surprisingly Simple Writing Tips
Get instant access to our new PDF with simple tips to help you write your next book here: https://www.trainingauthors.com/writingtips
Share Your Breakthroughs
Share what impacted you from this post and any breakthroughs God gave you as a result in the comments below.