This episode was teachings we did to begin our Virtual Writing Retreat in August. However, we wanted to share these with you.
Today’s topic is: Preparing Our Hearts to Write
Many times, we feel like a jar of dirty water after it’s been shaken. We need time to settle and become still before the Lord.
Subscribe to the podcast here.
Notes from this episode:
- Many times, we feel like a jar of dirty water after it’s been shaken. We need time to settle and become still before the Lord.
- Few musicians can begin playing an instrument without taking time to tune it.
- “My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise.” Psalms 57:7 KJV
- Fixed = “kuwn” in Hebrew which means ‘to be directed aright; to prepare or be ready.’
- We should pause to consider our sins, our wants, our worries, our troubles. Picture all these things leaking out of yourself and being absorbed by Christ.
- “Turn my eyes from worthless things, and give me life through your word.” Psalms 119:37 NLT
- “Worthless” also is vanity (KJV) which is emptiness. So many empty things compete for our thoughts & attention.
- “You must avoid all occasions of distraction from without, and imbibe (absorb) that intenseness of spirit in the work of God which locks up the eye and ear against vanity.” – John Flave
Get Instant Access: Business Meeting with God
Get instant access to FREE video training and PDF download where you will learn the steps we recommend when having a weekly business meeting with God here: https://www.trainingauthors.com/businessmeeting/
Share Your Breakthroughs
Share what impacted you from this post and any breakthroughs God gave you as a result in the comments below.