A great way to sell more books is to plan a book launch or a special promotion at any time that includes a time-limited book bonus.
However, you have already spent hours and hours writing your book and may not have time to create a high-quality bonus.
Also, when you’re building your email list subscribers, it’s recommended to offer a lead magnet or a free gift in exchange for their email address.
You know the drill.
You visit a page on a website that offers a free checklist, video, report, etc., and in order to download it, you need to enter your email address.
However, it can be difficult to come up with an idea for your lead magnet and take a lot of time.
One Easy Option
There is another option besides creating the book bonus or lead magnet yourself.
It’s called PLR or private label rights.
Personally, I have often used PLR to create bonuses for book and product launches. You can think of PLR like hiring a ghostwriter. However, instead of hiring someone to create content only for you, multiple people can purchase PLR.
I never recommend using PLR for your book content as it is prohibited by Amazon’s terms of service, but it is a really great option for book bonuses, lead magnets, etc.
A Few Sites to Consider
Below I have listed a few PLR sites to check out. These are my affiliate links and so I receive a small commission if you purchase after clicking on this link.
- Thrive Anywhere has journals and planners you can customize. I purchased a prayer journal to use as a bonus: http://trainingauthors.com/thriveanywhere
- Daily Faith PLR (devotionals, etc.): http://trainingauthors.com/dailyfaithplr
- Color Me Positive PLR offers coloring pages that you can customize. I have purchased some of her packages to create bonuses: http://trainingauthors.com/colormepositive
Create Custom Puzzles:
- Puzzle Software: I personally purchased software to create word search and maze puzzles. There is a learning curve and it currently is for PC only, but you can check it out here: http://trainingauthors.com/puzzlesoftware
- Done-for-you Puzzles: One of our Christian Book Academy members, Lana Scroggins, can also create custom puzzles, mazes, word searches, etc. for you and your book. This is a really fun idea for a book launch because you can customize it specifically for each book. Find out more here: http://trainingauthors.com/coastaldigitalcreations
Make It Your Own
One of the biggest mistakes I see people making with PLR is not making it unique.
It does take a little more time but I recommend taking the PLR that you purchase and making it uniquely your own. Read the license of what you purchase and most of the time they will allow you to edit it and use it in the way that works best for you.
Edit the content to fit your writing style and voice. Combine several things into one package. Delete anything that doesn’t fit your audience. Change the colors to match your branding.
For example, I have used the coloring pages and added Scripture to them that I have specifically chosen for my audience.
You can make them specific to your topic and your book. The more you customize the PLR to your book and your audience the better.
The second biggest mistake I see people making with PLR is not using it and allowing it to sit on their hard drive. Therefore, I’ve included a few action steps for you below.
- Decide if you want to run a special promotion for your book with a time-limited bonus OR if you want to create a lead magnet for your email list.
- Set a timer for 10 minutes and research the sites above to see if any of the content would be a good fit for your audience. You can get sucked into researching for hours, so definitely set your timer.
- Choose one option within your budget.
- Brainstorm how you will customize the PLR for your book or your promotion.
- Schedule a time on your calendar to edit the PLR and use it!
If you decide to try PLR for a book bonus or lead magnet, let me know in the comments below.